International GCSE Business
The Pearson Edexcel International GCSE in Business qualification enables students to:
- Develop an interest in and enthusiasm for the study of business
- Develop an understanding of business concepts, business terminology, business objectives and the integrated nature of the business activity
- Understand how the main types of business are organised, financed and operated
- Develop and apply knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary business issues in a wide range of businesses, from small enterprises to large multinationals and businesses operating in a local, national and global context
- Develop critical thinking and enquiry skills to distinguish between facts and opinion, calculate, interpret and evaluate business data, to help build arguments and make informed judgements
- Develop an understanding of the dynamics of business activity and the related considerations of ethics and sustainability for global businesses
This course at Glance:
- Official IGCSE subject awarded by Edexcel
- Open to International students
- The qualification recognised by institutions worldwide
- Blended Learning (Self Studies + Live Lessons)
Examination based. Assessment will occur either at a British Council office or an approved Edexcel Centre in your home country.
Paper 1: Investigating Small Businesses
Externally assessed.50% of the total International GCSE
Examination of 1 hour and 30 minutes, consisting of four compulsory questions, each worth 20 marks – a total of 80 marks in Paper 1.
Paper 2: Investigating Large Businesses
It is externally assessed. 50% of the total International GCSE.Examination of 1 hour and 30 minutes, consisting of four compulsory questions, each worth 20 marks – a total of 80 marks in Paper 2
International GCSE Business is a two-year program. During the two years of studies, students will have access to live online classes and one-to-one subject support.
Upon completing the International GCSE in Business, students will achieve an Edexcel qualification ( providing that all exams have been completed and passed). The final certificate will allow students to apply for A-level and beyond.
- Provide two years’ previous school reports
- Undertake a Mathematics internal assessment.
- Students whose English is not their first language must either sit an internal English assessment or provide an English certificate at a min level of B2 in all components.
Other subjects may be offered subject to demand. For further information on the Online and Onsite class schedule, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the enquiry form
We’re here to help and answer any questions you might have. We look forward to hearing from you.