SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) is one of the standardized college admissions tests in the USA (The other is ACT). It is taken by students seeking admission at undergraduate level in the USA. The SAT test evaluates the written, verbal and mathematical skills of the candidates. The SAT Subject Tests are college admission tests on specific subjects. They’re the only national admission tests where you choose the tests that best showcase your strengths and interests.
SAT General Exam Structure
|i) Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||Total Marks – 800
Reading Test – 52 standard multiple-choice questions
Time Allotted – 65 minutes
Writing & Language Test – 44 standard multiple – choice
Time Allotted – 35 minutes
|ii) Mathematics||Total Marks – 800
No Calculator – 25 questions
Time Allotted – 25 minutes
Calculator – 38 questions
Time Allotted – 55 minutes
|iii) Essay (Optional and Separate)||Score – 2 to 8 scale
1 evidence based essay
Time Allotted – 50 minutes
|Total Time||SAT without Essay – 3 hours
SAT with Essay – 3 hours and 50 minutes.
|Nature of Exam||Paper Based Test (PBT)|
|Total Scores||SAT score is out of 1600|
|Test Fees||SAT with Essay $113.50
SAT without Essay $96.50
|Frequency of Test||SAT General Test – October, December, March, and May.
SAT Subject Test – October, November, December, May, and June.
|Score Validity||5 Years|
|Score||There is a provision of reporting your SAT test scores to a maximum of four universities of your|
|Reporting||choice until 9 days after the test, the cost of which is built into the SAT test fee you pay.|
SAT Subject Tests
- There are 20 SAT Subject Tests in five general subject areas: English, history, languages, mathematics and science.
- Each Subject Test is an hour long. They are all multiple-choice and scored on a 200–800 scale.
- Subject Tests test you on your knowledge of subjects on a high school level. The best way to prepare is to take the relevant courses and work hard in them.
When, Where, and How
- SAT Subject Tests are generally given six times in any given school year, on the same days and in the same test centers as the SAT — but not all 20 tests are offered on every SAT date.
- You can take one, two, or three Subject Tests on any test date.
- You can’t take the SAT and an SAT Subject Test on the same day.
- Some SAT Subject Tests require you to bring special equipment — for example, CD players for Language with Listening tests.
- You choose what tests to take when you register, but on test day, you can add, subtract, or switch tests — with some limitations
Our Coaching Programme
Our intensive coaching programme provides a detailed coverage of all aspects of the examination. Each GPC offers multiple cohorts and are scheduled to prepare students for specific test dates. In addition , students have access to a wide array of materials and practice tests to help with their preparation for the exam.
Students start off with a diagnostic test to assess their ability levels and any weak areas are given particular attention to during the intensive preparation course
Our placement division provides full overseas college and University admissions assistance to students of this programme
We’re here to help and answer any questions you might have. We look forward to hearing from you.